RUARIDH LAW



Your favourite virtue ::
Honesty

Your favourite qualities in a man ::
Intelligence, Humour, Creativity

Your favourite qualities in a woman ::
Intelligence, Passion, Independence

Your favourite occupation ::
Writing music, sleeping, debating, laughing, dancing

Your idea of happiness ::
Sitting in the studio writing, wife on the sofa reading and cat curled up
asleep

Your idea of misery ::
Deafness, lack of inspiration, illness, feeling politically impotent

If not yourself, who would you be ::
I don't want to be anyone other than myself

Where would you like to live ::
I love where I live now but if i could teleport at will between here,
london and cove park that would be ideal.


Your favourite colour and flower ::
Black. I like fir and pine, I know they aren't flowers...

Your favourite prose authors ::
William Burroughs, Thomas Pynchon, Umberto Eco, Jorge Luis Borges, Grant
Morrison, Italo Calvino, Ian Sinclair, Philip K Dick, Alan Moore, Peter
Ackroyd, Franz Kafka

Your favourite poets ::
EE Cummings, Sylvia Plath

Your favourite heroes in fiction ::
Patrick Bateman, Bob Arctor, Tyrone Slothrop, Nigel Molesworth, K

Your favourite heroines in fiction ::
Ragged Robin, Oedipa Maas, Molly Bloom

Your favourite painters and composers ::
Painters: Max Ernst, Mark Rothko, Yves Tanguy, Robert Rauschenburg
Composers: obviously hundreds, but right at this minute...
Carl Craig
Coil
Stephan Mathieu
Basic Channel
Francisco Lopez
Zoviet France
Radiohead
Charlemagne Palestine
Joe Gibbs
Bernard Parmegiani
The Hafler Trio
Kinesthesia
Steve Reich
Drexciya
Keith Fullerton Whitman
Deepchord
The Caretaker
Pub
Oscar Mulero

This will change tomorrow though I bet...

Your favourite heroes in real life ::
My dad, Bill Drummond, Andrew Weatherall

Your favourite heroines in real life ::
My mum.

What character(s) in history do you most dislike ::
All the obvious ones.

Your favourite food and drink ::
Caipirinhas (well made ones only), Irn Bru, Grey Goose or Stolichnaya
Vodka, my home made berry smoothies, my wife's lasagne, udon with ginger
chicken, my enchiladas, 87% chocolate, venison casserole, that potted wood
pigeon I once had, gressingham duck, a nice cheeseburger.

Your favourite names ::
Names for things are the most powerful things in the world. My favourite
names are the secret ones.

Your pet peeve (something that easily annoys you) ::
Racism, homophobia, any knee jerk uninformed prejudice, people who believe
what they are told unquestioningly, anti-intellectualism, animal cruelty.

The change you most anticipate ::
World politics as a whole seems to be in a phase of right-wing values at
the moment. I look forward to the balance shifting back to left-wing
values.

A gift of nature which I would like to have ::
I'd like to be more assertive, less depressed, more tolerant (less
misanthropic), and able to teleport in the blink of an eye with no carbon
emissions.

How I would like to die ::
Peacefully in bed, with the same accompaniment as Aldous Huxley

What is your present state of mind ::
Thoughtful, relaxed

Of what fault are you most tolerant ::
Impulsiveness

Your favourite motto ::
Mottos are for Christmas Crackers!

19 juin 2008

"Ruaridh Law is a musician and dj from Renfrew, near Glasgow, in Scotland.
He works alone and in a group. He lives with his wife and his cat."

website :: marcia blaine
website :: the village orchestra
website :: discogs

:: the questionnaire is based on the original "questionnaire of Marcel Proust", created by Antoinette Faure around 1890