ROB LYNAM



Your favourite virtue ::
Well if this means a quality in myself that I like the most, I think it would have to be my perception in general. I'm a strong believer that 'beauty lies in the eye of the beholder' and it's what we bring to the various things we interact with, that makes them what they are (to us at least). So of everything that is me, I am most apprecative of the ability to enjoy stuff in general.

Your favourite qualities in a man / woman ::
Bit contraversial to seperate this into genders so I'm gonna answer them as one if that's cool. I've got a lot of time for anyone who's into whatever they're doing. Anyone that's adopted a challenge of some description. There's alot of people out there being led about and not really taking the initiative to develop and realise their potential. So being motivation is a big one for me. Also along similar lines, it's nice when someone can take an interest in other people without getting too judgemental. We're all here to do what we need to do, right? Of course you're going to make judgements about the things going on around you but it's cool when you can still respect the opinions of others. Did I just contradict myself bigtime there?

Your favourite occupation ::
Being lazy with friends whenever I have the opportunity. kicking back every so often, catching up and sharing ideas is what keeps me fuelled for everything else.

Your idea of happiness ::
Being fit and healthy, surrounded by the people I respect and able to get on with stuff.

Your idea of misery ::

Working in McDonalds.

If not yourself, who would you be ::

David Icke 'The Lizard King', or perhaps not!
I think I'd be a Bond villain. I fancy having my own island to scheme from.

Where would you like to live ::

Aside from the island mentioned in the previous answer, where I am in Brighton (UK) works for me at the moment. I could see myself getting a little more rural though as communication infrastructure continues to advance.

Your favourite colour and flower :
:
In regards to colour, Proust got it right in saying it's not about single colours but their combinations. Blue and Yellow on white is good.
Can't really answer the flower one I'm afraid, I'm devoid of an opinion there.)

Your favourite prose authors ::
Best two books I've read recently were 'Techno Rebels' by Dan Sicko and 'All Crews' by Brian Belle-Fortune. There's a lot of good stuff in the first issue of Bad Idea magazine too. (Cough, www.badidea.co.uk) - can I get away with that?

Your favourite poets ::
No idea. My friend 'Foof' showed me one she's written the other day but other than that I can't even think of any. Not so cultured huh?

Your favourite heroes in fiction ::
Ferris Bueller and Agent Cooper from Twin peaks.

Your favourite heroines in fiction ::
Veronica Pendexter

Your favourite painters and composers ::

Let's just do the current favourites shall we or this could go on forever?
Visual: Ian Francis, Aya Kato, Brendan Monroe, Fthr, Branislav Kropilak, Michael England and the impending threat that is Krookedfingers.
Audible: Andy Stott, Aphilas, Brothomstates, Deaf Center, Gramm, Julien Neto, Marc Leclair, Marconi Union, Trent Reznor, Nostalgia 77, Sabi, Shuttle 358.

Your favourite heroes/heroines in real life ::

All my friends past, present and future for everything they bring to the mix.

What characters in history do you most dislike ::
As long as yesturday counts as history I'm chosing George Bush, possibly the single biggest fool who ever walked the earth.

Your favourite food and drink ::

Anything that I'm not actually intolerant to (which isn't a whole lot).

Your favourite names ::
'Ralph Spatz' and 'Norman Dormant'

Your pet aversion :: (pet hate)
I can't deal with the sound of anything scraping against ice, it's like my equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. I flee the kitchen when anyone opens the freezer.

The reform which I estimate most estimate ::
 
(the change I would like the most, right?)
Well world peace would be nice, so perhaps we could make a start by having a little more respect for each other.

The gift of the nature which I would like to have ::

To only sleep when I want to and never because I have to. Time is the enemy.

How I would like to die ::

Not too old (but not too soon either please). Able to look back comfortably at all I have achieved in my time.

What is your present state of mind ::

Slightly overwhelmed and anxious but holding it down (I think).

For what fault have you most toleration ::
I'm a bit of a hermit and should get out more but I like it too much here in my little bubble.

Your favourite motto ::
"Wait until they look away, then we'll leg it"

6 septembre 2006

Rob Lynam is co-editor of the free quarterly PDF magazine, Multilink.
He is 25 years old and currently living in Brighton, UK

Website :: multilink magazine