GUILLAUME "KANEEL" RICHARD



Your favourite virtue ::
Prudence.

Your favourite qualities in a man ::
Thrustworthy, helpful, curious, talkative, passionate.

Your favourite qualities in a woman ::
Curious, smart, original, open-minded.

Your favourite occupation ::
Making music while drinking pastis-coffee.

Your idea of happiness ::
Not thinking about tomorrows.

Your idea of misery ::
Not being loved.

If not yourself, who would you be ::
An other person trying to be someone in particular.

Where would you like to live ::
Where all the people I know would be living as well, preferably in a romantic/gothic city.

Your favourite colour and flower ::
My favourite colour would be purple.
About flowers, offer me orchids.

Your favourite prose authors ::
I guess it's H.P. Lovecraft, I discovered his books when I was 12 years old, I was both terrified and attracted by them and I often come back at them.

Your favourite poets ::
Arthur Rimbaud and Victor Hugo.

Your favourite heroes in fiction ::
Paul Muad' Dib.

Your favourite heroines in fiction ::
Errr no idea.

Your favourite painters and composers ::
I love the work of Claude Monet (but I think it's mainly because I'm living in Normandy), Modigliani and Dali.
And well, there are so many composers who simply hooked me like Joanna Newsom, Sufjan Stevens, Chopin, Erik Satie (very easy this one), Lassi Niko (brothomstates), Richard D. James, Proswell, Sylvain Chauveau, Julien Neto, Felix Petrescu of Makunouchi Bento, Mira Calix and so much more... let's add Michael Land who composed the theme of Monkey Island, one of the best video game theme ever composed in my opinion.

Your favourite heroes in real life ::
I'm so sorry I have no ideas about it, I actually never really thought about it and I just noticed it by trying to answer to it...

Your favourite heroines in real life ::
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, déjà vu?

What character(s) in history do you most dislike ::
All the ones who don't let them people think by theirselves, they are easily detestable.

Your favourite food and drink ::
I love to eat indian or asian food since they have many nice meals for vegetarians, on normal days it would be a huuuuuuugeeeee veggie omelette!
And for drinking, it depends on the hour, a good beer during the afternoon and a Suze as aperitif.

Your favourite names ::
Mael, Camille, Cannelle... Anaïs.

Your pet peeve (something that easily annoys you) ::
Hypocrisy, there's nothing worst than someone you know being spiting behind your back trying to make you believe he likes you. Finally, you should just say nothing they could turn against yourself.
Ho well, yes, there is something worst than this, being forced to be hypocrit, you have to everydays of your life if you want to keep your job, appartment, bank account, whatever...
Hypocrisy sounds like the new Courage.

The change you most anticipate ::
A society only controlled by a tiny elite that give us the feeling we are really thinking and acting by ourselves while we don't... No wait, it already happened.

A gift of nature which I would like to have ::
A better and better musical sense of course!
That plus being able to read into people's mind... who said "voyeur!", I'm just interested into how people can betray themselves with some words they can add on top of normal sentences. It happened a lot of time I've been able to "read into someone's mind as in an open book", then people would call me paranoid, then people would finally notice I was right but still, they never feel sorry for this huge reputation of a paranoid I have to overcome everyday (ok, I'm just doing my daily drama).

How I would like to die ::
Quietly and dramatically alone... or not.

What is your present state of mind ::
Bitterness mixed with nostalgia.

Of what fault are you most tolerant ::
Intolerance, it's often due to misunderstanding or "fear of the unknown", once you know that, you can understand it.

Your favourite motto ::
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."

Litany against fear - Dune - Frank Herbert.

1er juin 2008

According to possible changes of style, this veteran of the netscene is operating under several aliases such as "leenak" or "le monsieur baguette", Guillaume Richard aka Kaneel is musician and netlabel coordinator. He is actually living in Rouen.

website :: Kaneel
website :: myspace
website :: petite&jolie - a place for cute people
website :: apegenine
website :: camomile
website :: discogs

:: the questionnaire is based on the original "questionnaire of Marcel Proust", created by Antoinette Faure around 1890