SCOTT MONTEITH / DEADBEAT



Your favourite virtue ::
Patience. I lack this virtue sorrily all to often and am always astounded at the amount of it my friends and family have, particularly when putting up with my all to often flailing approach to life.

Your favourite qualities in a man ::
Cool headed-ness. I've deeply admire men who can keep it together when shit hits the proverbial fan.

Your favourite qualities in a woman ::
Understanding. Again, i seem to require a lot of it.

Your favourite occupation ::
Grassroots philanthropist. I'm talking millionaires who throw it all away to go build schools and basic infrastructure for the great unwashed in the darkest corners of the globe here. I can think of no more honorable pursuit.

Your idea of happiness ::
To love and be loved, and to share as much of life with those whom you share this with.

Your idea of misery ::
loneliness has without a doubt been at the root of my most miserable days.

If not yourself, who would you be ::
Who ever I am tomorrow

Where would you like to live ::
Today, somewhere on a remote beach in Thailand. Most days when I have less work to do and the weather is better however Berlin suits me just fine.

Your favourite colour and flower ::
Indigo and Sakura

Your favourite prose authors ::
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Jane Austin
Haruki Murakami
Umberto Eco
Neal Stephenson
Neil Gaiman
JRR Tolkein
...and on and on and on...

Your favourite poets ::
Shel Silverstein
...though as this might suggest poetry has not been part of my life for many years

Your favourite heroes in fiction ::
Atticus Finch
Enoch Root
Toru Okada

Your favourite heroines in fiction ::
Úrsula Iguarán
Elizabeth Bennet
Galadriel

Your favourite painters and composers ::
Mark Rothko
Georgia O'keefe
Brian Eno
Moritz Von Oswald
Robert Henke
Sasu Ripatti

Your favourite heroes in real life ::
Issac Newton
Le Comte de Saint Germain
Muhammad Yunus

Your favourite heroines in real life ::
All of the women in my life...

What character(s) in history do you most dislike ::
The usual suspects, Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet, Pol Pot, the hate list is rather long....

Your favourite food and drink ::
Any food prepared with love and passion, any drink aged by the same standards

Your favourite names ::
What's in a name anyway?

Your pet peeve (something that easily annoys you) ::
Senseless pessimism

The change you most anticipate ::
The day I become a father

A gift of nature which I would like to have ::
Eternal life

How I would like to die ::
Surrounded by loved ones, secure in the knowledge that I am leaving the world a better, or at the very least, a better sound tracked place.

What is your present state of mind ::
Slightly existential having nearly completing this confounded questionaire

Of what fault are you most tolerant ::
Lack of self confidence

Your favourite motto ::
Know Thyself

12 juillet 2008

Scott Monteith is a musician, He is actually living in Berlin

website :: Deadbeat
website :: discogs

:: the questionnaire is based on the original "questionnaire of Marcel Proust", created by Antoinette Faure around 1890